Life is bliss for the plucky citizens of Zandstad. The weather’s perfect and the districts are finally working together to make this year’s springtime fest the best. Nothing could ruin their serenity. Absolutely nothing can go wrong. Boy, it’s great to live in a hamlet with such certainty and stability.
Sandbox Adventures is an experience for those who love cooperative storytelling. It’s a hard reboot for gamers looking to break free from the confines of scripted adventures. If you love the storytelling emphasis of Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition, you’ll love Sandbox Aventures.
With the COVID-19 pandemic and the uncertainty it brings, it’s important now more than ever to find meaningful connections. We believe that the power of imagination and friendship will be absolutely vital to mental health in the weeks and months ahead.
If you’re dying to dive into cooperative storytelling but you can’t commit to a full campaign, there’s a spot in the Sandbox for you.
The Sandbox offers a unique, immersive (and quarantine-friendly) experience. Before registering:
- Build a level-one character of any race/class combination using published material for Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition (Including Unearthed Arcana). Need a character sheet?
- Choose your character’s home district: Martial, Arcane or Divine. Click now to see their descriptions.
- Your Character is experiencing their 15th spring festival, a rite of passage for your caste within your district. You are a member of an elite caste, known as Scions. Your whole life is Zandstad, and you have rarely ever left the city. As a Scion, you have very little reason to. At this year’s Festival, you will receive a family totem to mark your ascension to adulthood.
- Your family heirloom can either be designed by one of our DM’s, or you can create it yourself to better align with your character design. These heirlooms are built using the following guidelines:
- LVL 1: Add a minor magical effect to your item. This website gives some great ideas.
- LVL 3: Add an additional power: a 1/day spell like ability, an additional 1d4 damage, or another effect of your choosing.
- LVL 5: Either +1 to attack and damage, +1 to spell attack and Spell Save DC, or +1 to an ability score.
- To experience a truly epic arc, we ask that you make two additional character sheets for the same character. One will be a level-three version of your character, and the other will be that same character at level five.
These additional sheets will come into play for sessions 2 and 3, respectively, carrying over any material wealth and character development you gain from the previous session. The story arc for the Sandbox Adventure will be complete by the end of Session Three.
Our next online Sandbox Adventure is not yet scheduled
- Session 1: 10am-Noon
- Lunch Break: Noon-1:00
- Session 2: 1:00-3:00
- Afternoon Break: 3:00-4:00
- Session 3: 4:00-6:00
The Sandbox session will be held via Zoom Chat, with full security measures in place. You will be sent a private code to our room, which will open at 9:45 a.m. We’ll then split out to separate rooms for simultaneous games, returning at breaks to allow players to share info and ask questions of each other.
Tickets are $20
Once the first 15 tickets are sold, you will be notified that the event is full, and added to the wait list for our next event.
- Buy your ticket
One ticket to Chapter 2
Under 18? Come on and play!
2. Register your character